Monday, September 15, 2008

Dear Poland Spring

First off, let me tell you how much I love Poland Springs water. I do! Even if I found out that you really bottled it out of a rusty bathroom faucet from a tenement in Newark, I'd still drink it.

But over the last couple of weeks, the one liter sparkling flavored waters purchased at our local Stop & Shop (store #0030) seem to have inconsistent carbonation. We usually purchase around 6 at a time and my wife told me that the ones I picked up last week ranged between completely flat to what she termed "normal". All of the bottles had intact safety rings, but it seemed a little disconcerting. She didn't tell me about it until I got several more this week. I opened one tonight and even I, the guy who didn't notice his wife had changed her hair color for a week, could tell that it didn't seem as carbonated as normal. I noted the lot number and expiration date, because I know that kind of data makes you giddy as a schoolgirl.

041708 8108WF 1902
1917BESTBY04/2009

Please let me know if this was just a bad lot or if Poland Springs is trying to reduce their carbon footprint or something.

Kindest regards,

Joe

No comments: