Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dom

 Dom2
The kind of girl that could make you an hour late to a Van Morrison concert and not be angry with her.

Dom3
The kind of girl who could make you laugh with just a look.

Dom1
The kind of girl that never forgot what it was like to be a goofy kid.

Dom4
The kind of girl that could fly just by wishing it.

Dominique once told me that she was proud of me for my messy car, because when I opened the door and something fell out, it was inevitably a book. We met through a mutual friend and she came to be like a sister to me in a rough part of my life. When love fled, she was there to talk. When dad had his stroke, she put her arms around me.

I don't remember much from my wedding, but I recall scanning the church before Britton walked up the aisle and seeing Dom's face with that million dollar smile beaming at me. And that was the last time I ever saw her.

So when I found a box of old pictures today and started going through them, I was amazed to think that I'd let such a beautiful person get away. And she was truly beautiful, inside and out.

Oh the ways we laughed.

2 comments:

jojo said...

so go find her! :)

Joey B said...

I've tried, believe me. Friends like her don't come along every day.