Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Perhaps an explanation is in order

IMG_9394_bw

As some of you know, and most of you don't, I've been going through a bit of a transition lately. Even if you weren't in the loop, so to speak, you might have noticed that things were... well... different.

Different backgrounds to familiar objects. New views from different windows.

I'm separated. I'm living alone in my own little apartment in Holyoke. It's a hole... I hate it. I miss my kids. I miss my wife.

But this is how it needs to be.

I won't go into any details about why, or what, or anything. It's not fair to my wife to air out details here. But people have been wondering. And frankly, it probably seemed as if I'd lost my mind if you didn't know.

So, with my new "free time" I'm trying to get my act together. To be a better person. To be a better father. To finish projects that have lingered too long. To start new ones that get me to the place where I love my job, rather than dread every day. I've been pissing my life away.

And I figure that once I like myself again, I'll probably be a more likable person to you too.

That, or I'll just hang myself with a belt.

2 comments:

Radar Check said...

Work through it life is good. surround yourself in work and kids and itll be alright.I went through that while back and boy its a great way to loose weight and it got me into country music.try and stay busy itll work out.

Mary E.Carey said...

Good luck to you.