Friday, May 22, 2009

My Inbox Today

I was feeling rather down today, as might be evidenced by my previous blog entry. When things looked blackest... when I was sure the brain cloud was here to stay... I received this email:

Hi Joe,

I recently moved back to Ormond Beach and I have tried connecting with a few old friends. How are you doing?

L----l




To which I replied:


Dear L---l,

I'm GRAND!

Considering the fact that I now demark my life into Before L---l and After L---l periods, (BL and AL respectively going forward) I can tell you unequivocally that I have no interest in connecting with you in any manner. I'm not even certain how I would qualify as a friend to you. Perhaps you've forgotten the circumstances under which we last had any interaction? Thirteen years ago you singlehandedly set about destroying several people's lives, starting with mine, in a manic bid to become the incarnation of Shiva.

So no. No thank you. Take your friendship elsewhere, point it at someone else and pull the trigger. I've had more than my fair share.

Let me make it abundantly clear that I would like the AL portion of my life to remain sociopath free. Any further contact after this point I would characterize as harassment.

Kindest regards,

Joe

Overkill?

Not if you know L----l. This is a person so evil that we don't even speak her name, lest we wake the demon.

On a bright note, I felt better instantly.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure you are my new hero, sir.

Joey B said...

She definitely caught me at the wrong time, but I've had years of anger to accumulate.

jojo said...

i know its not funny. but that letter was awesome.. :) I sure hope this L person gets the message.

Joey B said...

Oh, it's funny all right. One of her other targets and I were having a HUGE laugh over it last night on Facebook.

Her email was just another example of how out of touch this person is with reality.

Mark said...

I would have to say your reaction was very much underkill.